However much things have changed over the last few months, guests can rest assured that their safety remains our absolute priority. Extensive COVID-19 protocols have been implemented for the safety of both guests and staff. We embrace the guidelines and hygiene policies of the World Health Organisation (WHO), the South African Department of Health (NDoH), and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD).
Your safety is our concern and therefore the following protocol is mandatory according to Government regulations and will be strictly adhered to at Laborie Estate:
Health and Safety Protocols
• To protect our guests and staff and to prevent a potentially high-risk person from entering the hotel, guests are required to be screened on arrival, which includes:
- Completing and signing a questionnaire as specified by the regulations
- Allowing their temperature to be scanned with a thermal scanner
- If a guest’s temperature falls within the normal range and they do not show any symptoms they will be required to sanitise their hands and proceed to check-in. If a guest’s temperature is high (the actual temperature at screening should not exceed 37.5˚C) and/or they have symptoms of the virus they will not be allowed to check-in and will be referred to a medical facility as specified by the NICD.
• Guests will be required to present copies of the following on check-in (which will be retained by the hotel)
Health and safety protocols - Staff
• All staff have received training on COVID19 preventative measures and hygiene protocols
• Educational signage is displayed for both staff and guests
• Staff are provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with regulations, along with additional hygiene resources
• Increased sanitising and disinfecting practices (over and above our normal stringent cleaning protocols)
• Public social distancing, demarcated areas, physical barriers where necessary and PPE
• Sanitisation of high touch points, increased deep cleaning and pest control
• Staff members’ temperatures are checked and recorded as they arrive at the workplace and report for duty
Food and beverage
To further ensure the safety of our guests, our food and beverage delivery has been amended in accordance with health protocols to ensure that we adhere to the social distancing requirements and regulations relating to the disaster management act.
• Our swimming pool remains closed
• Temperatures of guests are recorded, and guests are required to complete screening questionnaires when entering the hotel
• Mandatory use of face masks for all visitors and staff entering the premises
• Conference facilities and meeting rooms are closed as per regulations
• Only critical areas and facilities will be opened
• Queuing systems are in place to ensure that there is no less than 1.5m between people
• No activity is allowed that encourages crowd gatherings
• Dining facilities (where open), are restricted to maximum numbers as outlined in the Government Gazette, with social distancing measures in place.
We look forward to welcoming you back
With business travel now a reality again, as we slowly but surely start returning to a more normal type of operation, we're offering a 30% Pay now and Stay later deal, which is perfect for corporate travellers.
Book and Pay now for as many nights and guests as you think you will need for the foreseeable future, and you will receive a voucher which reflects what you've paid for. The voucher can then be used up to 31 May 2021 and is exchangeable for the number of bookings made, depending on availability obviously.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and make your booking.
We know the future is uncertain at the moment if you planning to tavel. Therefore we'd like to give you an incentive which can be used up till 31 May 2021, as long as we have availability. (Please remember to book by 30/9/2020 though!)
If you’re travelling to Paarl for business, an event or function - or just for pleasure - stay over at Laborie Estate just off the N1. For every night booked – you get an extra one FREE!
Guest rooms: 2 pax per night, can be booked per room.
Villa (12 pax) and Jonkershuis (6 pax) self-catering – Offer valid for the whole venue per night.
BOOKINGS UNTIL 30/9/20. ACCOMMODATION CAN BE TAKEN UP UNTIL 31 MAY 2021
Our tranquil and historic venue offers self-catering and guest house options, two restaurants and a wine tasting experience. It is walking distance from Paarl main road with its many eateries and shops. It’s perfect for a stay over, especially if you don’t want to drive after an event in Paarl.
How does it work?